EPAL EURO PALLET QR
Reliability meets innovation: The proven quality and safety of the EPAL Euro pallet with a digital upgrade - The EPAL Euro pallet QR is the new standard for digital logistics processes.
Embedded in the QR code on every EPAL Euro pallet QR is a unique serial number, which can be linked to the goods being transported. The digital EPAL Euro pallet QR can be scanned automatically or manually which provides completely transparent logistics processes, optimising goods and pallet stock management.
EPAL Euro pallets QR are exchangeable without limitation in the open EPAL pallet pool.
- EPAL Euro Pallets QR are the future for digital and efficient logistics processes
- EPAL Euro Pallets QR comply with the highest EPAL quality standards
- EPAL Euro Pallets QR can be exchanged in the open EPAL exchange pool without any restrictions
- EPAL Euro Pallets QR offer the same advantages as EPAL Euro Pallets, supplemented by the unique serial number as a QR code
- EPAL Euro Pallets QR are marked by means of inkjet printing, which has been successfully introduced by EPAL since 2019
- Product Sheet
Length: 800 mm
Width: 1,200 mm
Height: 144 mm
Weight: approx. 25 kg
Safe working load: 1,500 kg
Maximum additional load: 4,000 kg when stacking
Produced according to the EPAL technical regulations
1 Branded markings of the European Pallet Association e.V.
2 The EPAL QR code as a digital link and the 9-digit alphanume- rical serial number in plain text.
3 IPPC branded marking in accordance with the national plant protection rules (mandatory since 01/01/2010 for EPAL pallets)
4 Country code
5 Registration number of the responsible Plant Protection Authority
6 Method of treatment (heat treatment)
7 EPAL control staple (mandatory)
8 Repair marking nail (only present if the pallet is a repaired EPAL pallet)
9 Licence number – Year – Month
- The safe working load is no longer guaranteed (rotten and decayed, heavy splintering, damaged stringers).
- The pallet is contaminated in such a way that this may lead to the contamination of the payload.
- Heavy splintering is visible on several blocks.
- Unacceptable components have clearly been used (e.g. boards that are too thin, blocks that are too small).
- EPAL Euro pallets may only be repaired by licensed repair operations.
- The repairing of EPAL Euro pallets without an EPAL licence shall be legally prosecuted.
- Only dimensionally accurate components may be used in accordance with the EPAL Technical Regulations.
- Following repair, EPAL Euro pallets should meet the quality classification for fit for use.
Compliance with the ISPM 15 standard is the most essential condition for the unrestricted use of load carriers in the international movement of goods. EPAL wooden load carriers are produced and repaired according to the strict IPPC (International Plant Protection Convention) standard and can therefore be used across borders.
- Since 01/01/2010, all newly produced EPAL Euro pallets are heat treated in accordance with ISPM 15.
- EPAL Euro pallets treated according to ISPM 15 can be recognised by the branded markings on both central blocks on the long sides.
- It is prohibited to treat EPAL Euro pallets with methyl bromide (MB).
- EPAL Euro pallet boards must have a thickness of between 22 and 24 mm (stringers up to 25 mm).
- There must not be any wanes on the stringers.
- Poplar wood is not permitted for stringers.
- The bottom boards must be chamfered on the upper edge of both long sides.
- The position of the 78 nails used is stipulated in order to guarantee the diagonal rigidity of the pallet.
- The nail pattern must be even and repetitive.
- In accordance with the construction standard, the nails must be positioned with the greatest possible distance between them and at least 20 mm from the edges of the components.
- All nails used to construct EPAL Euro pallets bear a head marking comprising two letters.
- Only those nails that have been approved by EPAL, and which have additionally been verified by a neutral testing institute, may be used to assemble EPAL Euro pallets.