(Summary – 1st January 2022)
Production of EPAL load carriers: EUR 280.00 per inspection
The number of monthly inspections depends on the number of pallets produced. The classification is based on the figures from the previous year.
≤ 20,000 EPAL pallets: 1 inspection per calendar month
≤ 100,000 EPAL pallets: 2 inspections per calendar month
> 100,000 EPAL pallets: 3 inspections per calendar month
Repair of EPAL pallets, EPAL Half pallets: EUR 208.33 / EUR 166.67 / EUR 125.00 / EUR 83.33 monthly
The amount of the inspection fee depends on the number of repaired pallets. The classification is based on
the figures of the previous year.
- less than 5,000 EPAL pallets and EPAL Half pallets: EUR 208.33
- 5,000 – 9,999 EPAL pallets and EPAL Half pallets: EUR 166.67
- 10,000 – 29,999 EPAL pallets and EPAL Half pallets: EUR 125.00
- 30,000 and more EPAL pallets and EPAL Half pallets: EUR 83.33
For smallest companies with a low volume of repairs
<12000 = 6 x per year
>12000 = 12 x per year
* Accounting frequency: based on the repair figures of the previous year. In case of a negative inspection, open debts, missing monthly report or other deviations the right of subsidy by EPAL is cancelled.
* As of 01.01.2021, EPAL will suspend the initial inspection fee and the inspection fees for the repair of EPAL pallets during the first year of the licence for new lincensees.
Repair of EPAL Box pallets EUR 230.00
Licence fees (per unit):
Production or repair of EPAL Euro pallets:
- Annual volume (P/RP) ≥ 1 million EPAL Euro pallets: EUR 0.05
- Annual volume (P/RP) ≥ 240,000 and < 1 million EPAL Euro pallets: EUR 0.055
- Annual volume (P/RP) < 240,000 EPAL Euro pallets: EUR 0.06
EPAL Half pallets: EUR 0.06
Production EPAL 2/3: EUR 0.06
Repair EPAL 2/3: EUR 0.06
Production of EPAL Box pallets: EUR 0.20
Repair of EPAL Box pallets: EUR 0.10
Production and repair of EPAL collars and lids: EUR …
The classification is based on the previous year's figures
Annual basic fee:
Licensees without membership of a National Committee: EUR 650.00 / EUR 2,500.00
Trade and services: (annual fee including inspection fees) EUR 1,500.00
Processing fee: EUR 550.00
(optional: National Committee’s fee)
Evaluation visit*: EUR 600.00
Level 2 inspection: EUR 600.00
Repeat inspection: dependent on expenditure
* There are no processing , evaluation visit fees and license fees due for the production of CP pallets, valid until 31.12.2023.
* There are no processing , evaluation visit fees and license fees due for the repair of CP pallets, valid until 31.12.2023, , if the company with respective operating site already holds an EPAL licence for production or repair of EPAL Euro pallets.
* In the application procedure for companies to produce EPAL 2/3/6 pallets, EPAL doesn’t charge any costs for visiting the company and inspecting the test models, if the company already holds an EPAL licence to produce EPAL Euro pallets
Costs of means of identification marking:
Control staples (Level 1 / Level 2): EUR 0.01 / EUR 0.009
Control seals: EUR 0.08
Dunning fees: EUR 5.00 / EUR 10.00