EPAL 2 Pallet
The design of the EPAL 2 pallet makes it ideal for the heaviest of industrial loads. The base frame allows it to be transported on chains or roller conveyors.
- EPAL pallets are safe worldwide and across borders.
- EPAL pallets guarantee smooth transport of your goods.
- EPAL pallets ensure stable storage of your goods.
- EPAL pallets ensure maximum occupational safety thanks to their high quality.
- Product Sheet
Length: 1,200 mm
Width: 1,000 mm
Height: 162 mm
Weight: approx. 35 kg
Safe working load: 1,250 kg
Maximum additional load: 4,250 kg when stacking
Produced according to the EPAL technical regulations
1/2 Branded markings of the European Pallet Association e.V.
3 IPPC branded marking in accordance with the national plant protection rules (mandatory since 01/01/2010 for EPAL pallets)
4 Country code
5 Registration number of the responsible Plant Protection Authority
6 Method of treatment (heat treatment)
7 EPAL control staple (mandatory)
8 Repair nail (only present if the pallet is a repaired EPAL pallet)
9 Licence number – Year – Month
If EPAL-pallets display one or more of the following faults, the pallets are not exchangeable and should be repaired in accordance with EPAL’s Technical Regulations.
Non-exchangeable EPAL pallets:
- The safe working load is no longer guaranteed (rotten and decayed, heavy splintering, damaged stringers).
- The pallet is contaminated in such a way that this may lead to the contamination of the payload.
- Heavy splintering is visible on several blocks.
- Unacceptable components have clearly been used (e.g. boards that are too thin, blocks that are too small).
EPAL 2 pallets that are not fit for use in accordance with the quality classification should be repaired in accordance with the EPAL Technical Regulations.
- EPAL 2 pallets may only be repaired by licensed repair operations.
- The repairing of EPAL 2 pallets without an EPAL licence shall be legally prosecuted.
- Only dimensionally accurate components may be used in accordance with the EPAL Technical Regulations.
- Following repair, EPAL 2 pallets should meet the quality classification for fit for use.
- Since 01/01/2010, all newly produced EPAL pallets are heat treated in accordance with ISPM 15.
- EPAL-pallets treated according to ISPM 15 can be recognised by the branded markings on both central blocks on the long sides.
- It is prohibited to treat EPAL-pallets with methyl bromide (MB).
- EPAL Euro pallet boards must have a thickness of between 22 and 24 mm (stringers up to 25 mm).
- There must not be any wanes on the stringers.
- Poplar wood is not permitted for stringers.
- The bottom boards must be chamfered on the upper edge of both long sides.
Chamfered bottom boards
- The position of the 133 nails used is stipulated in order to guarantee the diagonal rigidity of the pallet.
- The nail pattern must be even and repetitive.
- In accordance with the construction standard, the nails must be positioned with the greatest possible distance between them and at least 20 mm from the edges of the components.
- All nails used to construct EPAL pallets bear a head marking comprising two letters.
- Only those nails that have been approved by EPAL, and which have additionally been verified by a neutral testing institute, may be used to assemble EPAL pallets.